Jan 16, 2013

The Little Things

I am always trying to improve my home. Like many I have a budget and so I am always trying to come up with ways to refresh my home without spending a fortune. Here are a few ways to give your space a facelift, all of the tools are at your fingertips- time to get out there and be creative! These are all things I have done, and continue to do, you may have to go out and buy a can of paint, but it will be worth it! Have a great day!! xo


Flowers, as you know I am always changing things up with flower arrangements. It is such an easy way to experiment with color, to see it you can further commit to in a fabric, artwork etc. I truly believe that a small bundle of flowers will completely transform a room- and a mood! They are such pick me ups, they brighten a space, add sophistication, support the current color scheme. I love adding bright coral for a burst of vibrant color!! 

Revamp an old piece of furniture with a coat of paint. It is so worth it to customize a piece that you will love to spruce up your space. If you are looking to add a pop of color in a neutral room- paint an tired piece of furniture in a glossy cherry red. I am still a big fan of painted pieces, it is a very economical/great way to incorporate color into your decor. 
Click here for the original post!


Paint a Chalkboard! An easy paint job that will create big impact. Here are some pics of our old apartment where we painted a small portion of the wall- it really livened up the space, I would definitely do a chalkboard wall again! Check out more pics of our old apartment here.


Laura Collins Design will provide you with insight and guidance on how you can turn your home or office into a stylish reflection of your unique personality. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing the different design services I offer.

Always Stay Graceful,

L.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo