Sep 25, 2013

Dresser Make- Over












After many moons of pondering what color I would paint this dresser, I FINALLY decided on Raccoon Fur by Benjamin Moore. When I first bought this piece a few years ago on CL, I liked the lines, but I never really liked the cream. For a while I bounced around between different colours and hardware, and finally one day I had an epiphany! I wanted to go dark, with satin brass hardware- just like the side tables I did. I am very spontaneous when it come to my own home, so once I knew I was going for a moodier look, I grabbed my color deck and got the ball rolling. I didn't want to keep the matching vanity anymore, I wanted the space to feel airier and less traditional. I LOVE Ikeas new Stockholm collection, as soon as I saw the circular mirror, I knew that I had to pair it with the dresser, the scale and price were both exactly on point. After 2.5 years things are finally coming together up here!! Next a new bed!

BEFORE:


AFTER:






Always Stay Graceful,

 L.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! Love it! No kidding, the brass hardware and that IKEA mirror are perfect compliments to the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOVE IT! The black looks so slick and I love the hardware you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that ikea mirror! The dresser looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo