Hey All Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!
Today I am over at one of my favourite sites My Best Friend Craig. Each Monday Charmaine has a Craigslist based post, so I decided to share my favourite finds(there are many)- Go over and check out my journey to find each piece. Here is a preview! Thanks again Charmaine!! She also included for anyone who was wondering how to spot a real Bertoia Chair from a fake!!
Have a Great Day All! Take a a few minutes to think about everything you are thankful for!
1. After a long search for perfect side tables in our living room I came across 2 glass & brass cube tables. They were $50 for both, the seller was leaving the country and needed to sell fast(always the best deals) I am obsessed with brass & glass so I was over the moon. I would fill our whole house with it if I could but I think I am finished now.
2. Another great score for $50, often I find sellers are just looking to clear up their space, or pass on a piece someone has given to them. In this case it had been in someones garage(in perfect condition). Out of context it is hard to understand sometimes how you can work a piece into your decor, lucky for me it was just what I was looking for!
3. We actually found our couch online. It was a steal at $500. I never considered purchasing a couch from CL but this was hard to pass up. It was close to brand new(0r so they said) when we bought it, and it fits all of us comfortably on movie nights! It was a larger purchase, but for the size and the quality- a HUGE steal!
4. These chairs I purchased from a fellow blogger in Toronto who knew I was looking for chairs. They are rattan, and have a really lovely shape to them. I still need to recover them, I am thinking black with piping, they were about $50 I think.(That seems to be the magic number)
5. I had been searching for chairs for out dinning room table(also a CL find for $50) for sometime, I had thought about skirted upholstered chairs, the Tobias Ikea chairs, and then I came across these Bertoia chairs. I don't know if they are real(how do I know?? Any idea- would it say somewhere) either way they were $250 for all 6 so we went in for the kill. They all have navy leather seat cushions, that are super comfy, I love these- they were the perfect choice!
6. This console was initially used in our home as an entry console, but we tried it temporarily as a desk, and now it functions as our sideboard. It is an Ikea purchase, bought over CL. We paid $50- they were leaving the country, it was very interesting trying to get this into our small car!!
7. Our entry table console is one of my favourite purchases. I had been looking for a two tier brass/glass entry table for some time (I was convinced after seeing Caitlin Wilsons) and found this one for $75- also interesting getting this one home…. Lets just say one of the car doors was held closed with rope, and maybe some tape… Yeah!
8. Finally the piece that started the brass and glass craze is this coffee table. Elizabeth Bauer inspired me with her lucite/brass coffee table, I loved it so much I wanted something light/airy similar to hers. We found it to $150, I am sure we could have found it for less but I frantically needed it!!
I fell in love with Charmaine's blog & style as soon as I arrived- Hope you enjoy!!
To See Some of Charmaine's CL Finds Click Here.
Laura Collins Design will provide you with insight and guidance on how you can turn your home or office into a stylish reflection of your unique personality. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing the different design services I offer.
Always Stay Graceful,