Dec 10, 2009

Favorite Christmas Foods


Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast- Because I am getting Hungry for My Favorite Christmas Foods!!!

Thanks to my Nanny, and my Mom, Christmas has always been a spectacular event of food, drink, presents, and most importantly togetherness. I haven't been home in a year, and there is nothing like being surrounded by the people you love, whilst experiencing the familiarity of home, including familiar Christmas Scents, that dance around our home. My Grandmother has her classics, as well as my Mom, who is always trying out something new( like when we tried to trick P with the meatless meat balls). I cannot wait! Here are some of my personal favorites.

Candy Cane Cocktail

I wish I could say this is a family thing, but its not. It's also a Martha Stewart thing... BUT I want to make it!!


Cranberry Sauce


Baked Brie with Pecans

My Mom is a big Cheese and Grape fan, but she also enjoys Brie cooked in Pastry dough, fig and goat cheese, and cranberry. I am going to suggest we try this one. Courtesy of Martha Stewart.


Chowder

My Grandmother makes the most Amazing Chowder, with home made sweet buns. This is a Christmas Staple.

Crepes

My Mom always said that my Step dad made thin pancakes, but then I realized they were crepes...



Pecan Pie... There is so much sugar in this its unimaginable.

Stuffing

I know Someone named P that makes the most delicious stuffing...

Egg Nog

Would it be Christmas without Egg Nog? Yummy!! Don't forget to add some rum/nut meg!


Iced Shortbread with Fresh Blueberries.

My Grandma does a delicious variation of this short bread cookie, and rather than using Blueberries, she uses a cherry.


Always Stay Graceful,

L.

4 comments:

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo