Nov 2, 2009

Watermelon and Feta Salad


Final Product


Tonight I decided to try something new. Be my boyfriend had chosen some Indian hors d'oeuvres so I wanted to find something that would balance it out. I am always looking for different things to put in my salad. Here is a simple, delicious, and healthy dish:

Grilled Salmon salad with Watermelon & feta cheese.

Salmon marinade- creates a sweet and zesty sauce:

1 teaspoon wasabe/wasabe mayo
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon of soya sauce

Mix together and cover the salmon in the sauce. Let sit meanwhile get started on the salad.
Salad (amounts vary on how much you want to make, I am just including the ingredients):

Mint leaves
Onion
Cucumber
Spinach leaves
Watermelon
Feta cheese

Now, place the salmon on a grill. We have a George Foreman so basically I just throw everything on there!!
Store bought Indian Hors d'oeuvres
While that is grilling (it only needs about 5 minutes)
Cut the ingredients and toss them in a bowl. Add pepper- I wouldn't add salt because the feta is already quite salty.

For the dressing I just used the remaining marinade sauce as well as 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar.

When the salmon is done, you are ready to serve. I like to put the salmon on the salad. Its a lovely combination, lots of different tastes.

I served it with samosas and pakoras it was like a Greek/Indian/ Asian Fusion....
Try it- it's so good!! Don't be afraid of mixing fruits and vegetables together!!

Stay Graceful!

L.

2 comments:

  1. these look so F-ing good, I can't wait to go food shopping after class today. I am getting indian for sure :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo