Liebster is German for "dearest", meaning beloved or favourite. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to help expose them to a larger audience.
A few conditions for accepting the award are:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- List five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to and inform your top five by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Share five random facts about yourself.
Here are my Blogger picks:
•Sofie from I like it Pink, one of my really good friends- Lots of great style & beauty tips
•Jennifer from The Pretty Purveyor, wonderful eye for all things luxurious and pretty
•Emily-Jane from Not a House, But a Home, great monthly breakdown of H&H + other goodies
•Alison from Coriander Girl, hysterical "vlogs" and gorgeous flower arrangements
5 Random Facts:
1. I have lived in 3 countries & 3 provinces. I was born in Montreal, and when I was 10 my mother got transferred to Calgary for her job so off me went. Three days after I graduated from Calgary I moved to Germany to be an Au-Pair(where I often heard the word Lieb, Liebling... Meaning love and other endearments!) After living in Munich, Germany for almost two years I spent about a year living in England, I worked at an advertising agency for a period of time, and marvelled in all of the beauty and excitement of the country- I loved it there and would move back in one second!
After finishing in England, I moved back temporarily to Calgary, when I rekindled my friendship with Blayre my boyfriend, we started dating, and I moved to Montreal to begin University. He moved out to live with me, started a company & when I wrapped up with school we decided it was time to move to Toronto, so here I am one year and 9 months later!
2. I am obsessed with mystery shows. I LOVE the show Murder She Wrote, Jessica Fletcher is one of the most amazing people ever, I LOVE Monk, such a great quirky show, and for some reason I LOVE Dateline.... When I was little I always watched Masterpiece theater with one of my grandmothers, as well as Agatha Christie, and I guess it stuck- I am always joking to Blayre that I would love to be a sleuth!!
3. I am a Karaoke nut! Hand me a microphone and I am totally hooked. I don't know what it is but as long as I can remember I have been completely in love with the art of Karaoke hahaha!! I love a good Streisand tune, or Cyndi Lauper is awesome... I could sing all night long- oh yes and vintage Disney tunes- Love the Little Mermaid.
4. When I was little my dad called me Monkey Joe because I climbed absolutely everything. The Jungle Book was like my absolute dream. I always dreamt of having a tree house and decorating it like in Now and Then. I would spend hours climbing enormous trees and sit up there for hours exploring!
5. Eddie Vedder is one of my super crushes. Something about that voice, that hair and they way he performs- I am hooked!!
Absolutely nothing about this is design related- but it was supposed to be random right??