Nov 15, 2009

Another Fantastic Sunday

Tonight Be and I went for Vietnamese/Thai food. I am ususally not one to recommend it but I thought that it would be a nice change. China town is a little escape within the city with a mix of eclectic characters, food, and goodies. Every time I go there I want to stop and look at everything! Tonight we went to this restaurant called Basilic. Its on the corner of Rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, and is attached to a really cute Chinese bake shop.
We had very yummy vegetarian Spring rolls, I got a coconut Bubble Tea- SO GOOD, and then we each got our own dishes. Be's, was AMAZING it was a very yummy beef with vermicelli noodles, and veggies(And I don't even eat meat, but this was great). I got Shrimp Pad Thai and I feel that it was a little on the bland side! I personally would have rather had Thai Express!! This just felt like a very americanized version of something that had the potential to be so delicious! It was tasteless, and uninspired, I was expecting a lot more!!
After we walked home along St Catherine's Street which is beautifully decorated for Christmas, which was quite lovely!! I am so tired now- the darkness makes me so sleepy, here are our great pics!
I am not sure I would recommend Basilic, if you do I would definitely choose something else instead!


Shrimp Pad Thai
Beef And Vermicelli Noodles
Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Coconut Bubble Tea


China Town Arch, BVLD. St. Laurent

Always Stay Graceful,

L.
Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo