Nov 1, 2012

Healthy Choices





1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5

There comes a point every so often when I feel like I need to re-evaluate what I am putting into my body. I want to feel the effects of good food that isn't deep fried and full of ingredients that are foreign to me. A few years ago I was vegan for sometime, and until recently I was a "Pescetarian" so I ate fish, but aside from that no meat(bacon slowly snuck into that as well). I was noticing that little by little I was introducing more wheat into my diet, until every meal was surrounded around a wheat based product.

Waffles for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner, etc. I was feeling sluggish and out of shape. It was time for a major change.  I should also note that I love to cook, and as of late I haven't been in the kitchen much at all. Mealtime has been replaced by pre-made foods, ordering, and Blayre has graduated from Sous Chef to Head Chef!!

Now veggies have become a major staple again, and although this only began recently I am already happier knowing that I am not putting really heavy and toxic chemical things into my body. I know that I will never be perfect in the food department, but I can try(which I stopped doing altogether for a while). Here are some inspirational meal ideas, using some of my favorite ingredients.  I am going to try to stick to this and enjoy making food that will give me more energy, and overall happiness! You are what you eat!!

Always Stay Graceful,

L.

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet you today Laura.
    Check out your Mo pics at jennajacobson.com/mo
    or Mo Space on the Movember page at http://mosista.co/jennajacobson
    Keep the conversation about men's health going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments!
Always Stay Graceful,
L. xoxo